Thursday, February 21, 2013

Simple Smoked Sausage

Sometimes, we tend to discover things by mistake or simply by doing something in order tom get rid of what is in the refrigerator in my case. In the case of what I call Simple Smoked Sausage, I happened to have some sausage in the refrigerator that was on the verge of possibly going bad based upon its expiration date. I had recently moved into a new home at the time and was enjoying the ability to cook out again after four years of misery in a one-bedroom apartment.
I decided to throw the sausage on my grill along with a few pieces of mesquite wood for smoking. I decided to cook the sausage slowly. The result was quite a shock as the smokey flavor that penetrated the sausage was out of this world! In fact, my Dad was at my house that day and tried a few pieces for himself. He was so impressed that he brought my Mom over a few days later to give the sausage sensation a try. Once again, the taste was a rousing success!
As you will see, this simple recipe requires little more than keeping an eye on the grill as the food cooks and making sure to cook slowly. The slow cooking process (roughly 30 to 45 minutes) will bring a reward of tender and juicy meat that is sure to please.
The video will reveal all details for you, but I want to emphasize an important step for success.
Be sure to bring the sausage to room temperature before cooking. By doing this, you will reduce the possibility of over-cooking.
Enjoy!



PRODUCT TESTING AND REVIEWS
Inquire about product testing and reviews (Video reviews for your gadgets, rubs, sauces, and more).
To learn more please email
tomtomcooks@gmail.com

FIND COOKING WITH TOMTOM ON THESE SOCIAL MEDIA WEBSITES

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/CookingWithTomTom
Google+ -
https://plus.google.com/108286324629441379926/posts
Twitter -
https://twitter.com/tomtomcooks


No comments:

Post a Comment